Re: my fedora 10 install

On Monday 08 December 2008, Gergely Buday wrote:
>Dear Developers,
>in one and a half hour I was able to install F10 with network and high
>resolution nvidia driver. Thanks.
>There were some minor nuisances, namely:
>- after testing the install dvd successfully,
>  the system did not recognise the disk anymore,
>  again and again ejected it, I had to reboot
No, you should have manually close the tray, and waited for the activity led
on the drive to go out and stay out before clicking on the continue button.

>- your Hungarian Language Commando makes
>  funny translations: "creation of a user" makes
>  perfect in English but "használó teremtése"
>  sounds as if you were given an interactive
>  version of the book of Genesis, enabling
>  you to choose which inhabitants you want
>  on Earth. And "felhasználó" is the proper
>  translation of "user".
>- on first startup fedora realised that I have
>  already a home directory (nice of him), but
>  when I clicked on "yes, I want this", the system
>  hang
>As I told you, one can live with these, just mentioned - who knows,
>somebody might lurk here who has something to say about these.

The F10 installer is broken in several ways, but TPTB don't wanna hear it.

>Best Wishes
>- Gergely

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
The following statement is not true.  The previous statement is true.