Odd yum warning (error?) with FC10

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 14:04:58 UTC 2008

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 21:37:13 -0600, Steven wrote:

> On 12/07/2008 09:16 PM, Bill Davidsen wrote:

> >>     Not using downloaded repomd.xml because it is older than what we

> yum clean all
> yum update
>
> should fix it.

No. Bad advice. Also see my other reply in this thread. This bears the risk
that you end up using the out-of-date mirror instead of the currently
cached newer one. Further, "clean all" also removes cached packages. If
you want to get rid of cached metadata only, use "yum clean metadata".
In this case, however, it is not justified to remove cached metadata.