Fedora 10 kickstart install ignoring "updates" repository

Peter Schwenk schwenk at math.udel.edu
Mon Dec 8 18:50:52 UTC 2008

Hello:

I'm doing network based kickstart installs of Fedora 10, and I'm
having trouble getting the "updates" repository to be recognized
during the installation.  I use a boot CD (using the boot.iso image
found on the install DVD), and I make the install DVD contents
available via NFS.  I've used the same technique with Fedora 8 where I
download all the updates packages (and repodata) and make them
available via HTTP.

For Fedora 10, I've decided to copy down the Everything repository and
make that available via NFS to use as the install source, plus I have
the updates available via HTTP.  I have a normal

repo --name="updates" --baseurl="http://ip.of.my.server/path/to/Package_and_repodata_for_updates
"

line in my kickstart file.  Unfortunately, the "updates" repository is
being ignored.  I know this because I do an ALT-F3 to look at the
console messages, and I see one that says "ignoring duplicate
repository updates with URL ['http://ip.of.my.server/path/to/Package_and_repodata_for_updates'
]".  I don't understand how this repository is being considered a
duplicate since the install repository and this one have different
contents.

If anyone can shed some insight, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

--
Peter Schwenk
Campus IT Associate 3