Re: Live CD without CD?

Timothy Murphy wrote:
I have a machine with no CD drive,
and I was wondering if I could run the Fedora Live KDE CD
from the hard disk -
I mean by copying the ISO file to the hard disk.
abstracting the isolinux directory,
and adding an approriate grub stanza to boot from this?

livecd-iso-to-disk (part of the livecd-tools package) was designed to do this with USB drives, but it should work for an IDE/SATA/SCSI drive as well. That said, what you probably want is to find a USB stick that's at least 1 GB, and put it on that.

-- Chris