Sprint service smartphone recommendation for F10?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 00:11:06 UTC 2008

Max Pyziur wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Per the subject line, would anyone have any recommendations on a
> smartphone under a Sprint plan that smoothly works with F10?
>
> Samsung Instinct?
> The new Palm Centros?
> One of the Blackberries?

What do you expect to be able to do from the phone?  They would all work
  for imap email if you have a public address.  There are palm ssh and
vnc programs that should run on the Centro.  The Instinct can run some
java apps but so far there's no ssh that works with the on-screen
keyboard.       It has a windows-only multimedia manager, but you can
access it as a USB storarge device (or put the micro-SD card in a usb
adapter) and access the media/music/images folders directly. I haven't
tried bluetooth access from Linux but that should work too and would
transfer contacts if you can manage them as vcards.  I'd call the
instinct more of an entertainment phone than a smartphone but it does
email reasonably well if you can get by with just seeing the most recent
25-100 messages in your inbox.  I think you can only sync the calendar
with exchange or outlook (I used to have a treo and now have an
instinct...).

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com