Mirrorring F8: updates and newkey directories

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Tue Dec 9 00:11:19 UTC 2008

Hello,

  While in the process of making a mirror of Fedora 8 according to:

http://www.howtoforge.com/setting-up-a-local-yum-repository-fedora8

  I noticed that on the servers the updates are not directly in a
updates/8/i386/ directory but rather in a updates/8/i386.newkey/
directory.  This is generalized enough that it looks like a
way of doing things.  Which is not part of the howto above.  Must be
recent.

  Can I then simply rsync to a local ../updates/8/i386/ from the newkey
directory, or is there a procedure to follow that includes scripts
setting up stiff locally ?

Thanks.