vino-server not recognizing alternate port

I've tried assigning an alternate port to vino (Remote Desktop) and it continues to start on port 5900 no matter what.

I verified in gconf-editor that the use_alternative_port key is checked. The key alternative_port contains my valid port. I've logged in and out. Still starts on port 5900. Nothing listening on my alternative_port.

Ideas? Bugzilla report? I searched and found nothing.

Thanks,
Michael