Re: Workaround for Ksynaptics. (Was preventing people from making a mistake)

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 13:49 +1030, Tim wrote:
> An example xorg.conf file, notice my ### comments:
>
> Section "ServerLayout"
>         Identifier     "Default Layout"
>         Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
>         InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
>         InputDevice    "Synaptics Touchpad"
> ### above line had to be added to enable controlling the touchpad
> EndSection

NB:  The advice I'd read elsewhere, didn't work (for me).  Namely, that
instead of my Synaptics Touchpad line, it should have been:

InputDevice "Touchpad0" "CorePointer"

Or perhaps I needed that Synaptics line in addition, and the CorePointer
line is a default?  The Synaptics information came from the response to
a bugzilla report I made.

I haven't tried changing it again, since I did the modifications.  You
might want to try it both ways.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.5-41.fc9.i686