Some people mis interpret Fedora's Mission Statement.

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Dec 9 03:42:22 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 09:49 -0700, stan wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>

> > This is not what Fedora once was meat to be.
>
> Please, let's have some perspective here.  Fedora becomes
> what the people doing the work want Fedora to become.
No, Fedora became what people made it.

My impression is, Fedora once had been a nice "leading edge distro",
now it's essentially a public testing ground, containing the "beyond
bleeding edge".

>   And
> the users of Fedora know what Fedora is meant to be because
> they use it every day.
I am using Fedora every day, ever since Fedora exists.

> What you and others are actually saying is you want Fedora
> to be something other than it is,
Wrong, I want Fedora to get back on track, to where it once used to be:

A distro, which was suitable for everyday end-user use and not one, in
which many key component packages are simply "too immature".

>  but you don't want to do
> the work to get it there.  In other words, you want to
> direct the work of those who do the work. Hey, you have a
> great future in management waiting for you.  :-)
Pardon, but you probably can relate why I find your tone offensive.

> Now, it is good that you care enough about Fedora to offer
> suggestions, but if you don't help implement those
> suggestions you shouldn't be offended or angry if they
> aren't followed.
What do you want me to do? To get involved into SELinux, NetworkManager,
PulseAudio, gnome-session, evolution, ... just to mention a few of the
packages which I consider to be prematurely integrated into Fedora?

Ralf