Re: Workaround for Ksynaptics. (Was preventing people from making a mistake)

Gene Heskett wrote:
> Thanks for prodding me to actually look at it, but the question then
> remains, how do we setup this SHMconfig in our xorg.conf's?

You don't, you set it up in a HAL FDI file.

Create an /etc/hal/fdi/policy/11-synaptics.fdi with the following contents:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<deviceinfo version="0.2">
   <device>
       <match key="info.capabilities" contains="input.touchpad">
           <merge key="input.x11_options.SHMConfig"
type="string">true</merge>
       </match>
   </device>
</deviceinfo>

Using xorg.conf for input configuration is obsolete and should no longer be
done.

        Kevin Kofler