Re: Workaround for Ksynaptics. (Was preventing people from making a mistake)

On Sunday 07 December 2008 15:46:07 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > It uses gsynaptics instead of ksynaptics.
>
> But gsynaptics is not set up to autostart in KDE. And you have to use the
> insecure SHMConfig to use gsynaptics.

Having followed this thread, and having set up the *.fdi file as you suggest
later in this thread, and now, using ksynaptics, I have control over my
touchpad. Could you discuss the specific possible dangers that now exist
because I've enabled the insecure SHMConfig? What sorts of exploits are
actually possible in this scenario?
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD