samba setup on F10?

Greetings;

In attempting to setup a samba share on this box, I  ssh'd into it and edited
the /etc/samba/smb.conf file to add a share, then tried to restart smb and
nmb.  Not found errors.

Looking into /etc/initd.d, indeed they weren't present.

So I did a yum install samba* and it installed several new packages.

So my question is, how the heck did it install an /etc/samba directory,  but
none of the rest of the samba kit?

This installer, from what I've seen so far, is less than impressive.

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)