Re: Fedora 10 kickstart install ignoring "updates" repository

On Dec 9, 2008, at 2:07 AM, David Timms wrote:

Peter Schwenk wrote:
being ignored. I know this because I do an ALT-F3 to look at the console messages, and I see one that says "ignoring duplicate repository updates with URL ['http://ip.of.my.server/path/to/Package_and_repodata_for_updates' ]". I don't understand how this repository is being considered a duplicate since the install repository and this one have different contents.

I think I remember seeing the updates repo being on the repo setup screen. Was that enabled as well as your local mirror update repo ?

DaveT.

Yep, I added a "repo" line for it in my kickstart file. The console message shows that it looked at the repo but "ignored" it because it considered it to be a duplicate. My install repo and the updates repo certainly aren't the same, but something makes the install think it is.

--
Peter Schwenk
Campus IT Associate 3