Fedora 10 kickstart install ignoring "updates" repository

Peter Schwenk schwenk at math.udel.edu
Tue Dec 9 13:51:42 UTC 2008

On Dec 9, 2008, at 2:07 AM, David Timms wrote:

> Peter Schwenk wrote:
>> being ignored.  I know this because I do an ALT-F3 to look at the
>> console messages, and I see one that says "ignoring duplicate
>> repository updates with URL ['http://ip.of.my.server/path/to/Package_and_repodata_for_updates'
>> ]".  I don't understand how this repository is being considered a
>> duplicate since the install repository and this one have different
>> contents.
>
> I think I remember seeing the updates repo being on the repo setup
> screen. Was that enabled as well as your local mirror update repo ?
>
> DaveT.

Yep, I added a "repo" line for it in my kickstart file.  The console
message shows that it looked at the repo but "ignored" it because it
considered it to be a duplicate.  My install repo and the updates repo
certainly aren't the same, but something makes the install think it is.

--
Peter Schwenk
Campus IT Associate 3