Re: Live CD without CD?

2008/12/9 Timothy Murphy <tim maths tcd ie>:
> Kevin Kofler wrote:
>
>> stan wrote:
>>> title Fedora 7 install
>>> root (hd0,0)
>>> kernel /vmlinuz-f7-install askmethod
>>> initrd /initrd-f7-install.img
>>
>> That's for the installer, not the Live CD.
>
> So is it actually possible to boot from the hard disk,
> using the Live CD ISO file?

I'd say 'No' simply because its not been tested but grab yourself a
spare partition and try some tests :-)
it woud go something like:

label and format a blank partition & set boot flag & umount.
live-iso-to-disk <isopath> </dev/partition>
set grub to chainload this new partition.

Thats the theory the practice makes perfect :-)
disclaimer: many kittens may get hurt.

...dex