Some people mis interpret Fedora's Mission Statement.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 9 18:55:53 UTC 2008

Antonio Olivares wrote:
>>> I have no idea. We cannot rely on mere impressions for
>> making such decisions and I know of no hard public hard
>> data. Enthusiasm doesn't determine how many people work
>> on something full time. Paying customers do.
>
> Do we pay for Fedora?  > We don't pay for Fedora.  So how can Paying customers determine the
decisions.  Are there users who pay for Fedora?

> Or
> You are talking about RHEL customers?

Neither specifically. Just that, if someone has to work on a product or
part of the product, full time, then a commercial organization would
only do it usually if customers are willing to pay for it, now or in the
near future. Enthusiasts, by their nature, "pay" with their time instead.

Rahul