Re: Today's F10 update finishes with error

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 11:25:01 -0500
"Paul W. Frields" <stickster gmail com> wrote:

> As reported elsewhere, there's a problem with a set of packages that
> went into updates.  Another set of updates is coming that will fix the
> problem, as well as a lot of discussion about how to make sure this
> doesn't happen again.  Details are elsewhere on this list if needed.

The specific problem is that file /etc/dbus-1/system.conf was changed
to deny access to all uses except those specifically allowed, and not
all of the packagaes which needed to be authorized were listed. As a
workaround until the updated packages are availalbe, I changed the line
"<deny send_interface="*"/>" to "<allow send_interface="*"/>".

--
Chuck
http://www.pacificsites.com/~ccrayne/charles.html