Re: Fedora 10 ypbind error

> That's from the startup, indicates normal start. What is output from
>
> # /etc/init.d/ypbind status
>
> after the ypcat fails?

Looks normal (except for the strange "file exists" message):

# /etc/init.d/ypbind status
SIOCADDRT: File exists
ypbind (pid  3140) is running...

> Is rpcbind running (/etc/init.d/rpcbind status)?

Yes:

# /etc/init.d/rpcbind status
rpcbind (pid 2828) is running...

In the meantime, I ran "yum update portmap" which got a new version of some rpc package,
but it didn't make a difference.

> Also check the logs on the server side for any unusual entry mentioning this problem client.

Nothing. I checked both the nis master and the secondary server.

> I am running fc9, but I doubt this has changed.

I had fc9 on this very machine with NIS working just fine, with exactly the same yp config.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Ralf