I need Miredo for F10

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Tue Dec 9 22:55:56 UTC 2008

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> And
> http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=miredo&submit=Search+...&system=&arch=
> only finds it for F9.  So I download that anyway and try to do a yum
> localinstall and it needs:
>
> libcap.so.1
>
> And libcap.so.2 is installed, what to do?

Well, one of number of things things:

	1)  If the API for libcap.so.2 is backward compatible enough for what
you need it for, just put a in symlink linking libcap.so.1 -> libcap.so.2.

	2)  If the API for libcap.so.2 is incompatible with what your
application needs, then you will need to find a .src.rpm for building
libpcap.so.1, build it yourself, and install it locally.

	3)  Find an old RPM and install it and hope that it works.

Sometimes there are compatibility versions of libraries available in one
or more of the repos, but a "yum search libcap.so.1" for me doesn't find
anything.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com