Firefox3 silently fails to save file (Fedora 8)

Hello all,

I noticed that with Firefox 3 (3.0 as well as 3.0.4 from remi's repos)
in my Fedora 8 sometimes silently fails to save a file (downloaded).

This happens when I attempt to save the download to a directory where I
don't have write access.. easy to fix (PEBCAK), but IMO *silently*
failing is a bug from Firefox 3.

Did anyone notice that behaviour?

Regards,

--