Re: asus w5f Intel sound on Fedora 10

sfilippo <no-reply-gw fcp surfsite org> writes:
> I cannot get the sound subsystem to work.
> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)

If you turn up the volume on your speakers to the max and max out all
the relevant software volume sliders you will hear faint sound coming
from the speakers.  It appears that pulseaudio has a scaling problem
when talking to HD audio.

This bug has been around for almost a year.  Here is the first hit
that google coughed up for me:

     https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/192040

The fix is to remove all packages related to pulseaudio.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              http://www.full-steam.org/  (ipv6-only)
         You may need to config 6to4 to see the above pages.