Re: can't use yum

I added the line about proxy in my /etc/yum.conf
but with no result.

I also want to say that I inserted the info about the proxy in my .bash_profile as,

export http_proxy="http://:"; [1]

I also inform you that if I run:
I got as reply :
NetworkManager Tool

State: disconnected

- Device: eth0 ----------------------------------------------------------------
  Type:              Wired
  Driver:            sky2
  State:             unmanaged
  HW Address:        00:00:00:00:00:00

    Supported:       yes
    Carrier Detect:  yes
    Speed:           100 Mb/s

  Wired Settings

If I understand correctly that's the proof that yum does not see my connection.
but remember...
I surf internet, services like network, ypbind, NetworkManager are running...

so what's to do?

Thank you for the quick reply

[1] http://<proxy_address>:<port>"

If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster fcp surfsite org and/or blame sciu_zamba tele2 it