Re: Fedora 10 ypbind error

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 09:33:13 -0800 (PST)
Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:

> Does someone have a working Fedora 10 NIS client? -- Just to know if it works
> for others.

It works fine in the fedora 10 virtual machines I installed.
I'm pretty sure I didn't enabled it during firstboot, but instead
ran system-config-authenticaion later and turned on NIS, pointing
it at the IP of the yp server.

That did cause host name lookups to start failing due to bug which
has a fix making its way to the updates repo right now, but I worked
around that bug by removing "nis" from the list for "hosts:"
in the /etc/nnswitch.conf file.