Re: Getting actual source for a kernel

Paul W. Frields wrote:
On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 07:24:28PM -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 19:10:44 -0500
Bill Davidsen wrote:

Please read this entire question before giving me the obvious answer...
This obvious answer?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Building_a_custom_kernel

If you do just rpmbuild -bp, you'll get a kernel source tree
with all the patches applied over in the BUILD subdir.

By the way, if you find something unclear in that document, please
bring it to our attention and we'll see about clarifying it.

Thanks, it seems I'm not going to be able to just get the source with rpm2cpio, apply the patches, and do the build where I have disk space. I'll do it the hard way and actually install the source by unpacking the RPM after I find a machine with space where the package wants to unpack. I don't normally leave space in /usr/src, since I run kernel.org kernels which I can build in a development space.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>