Re: infrastructure modest proposal

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 19:40:38 -0700
Linuxguy123 wrote:

> FWIW: One can install all the updates in stable right now by removing
> packageKit, ie #yum remove packagekit.  This will let the updates
> install. You can reinstall packagekit when they get it figured out.

The --skip-broken option works fine too, you just have to look at
more gibberish on your screen.

That's actually quite a step forward. All that ever used to happen
with --skip-broken was getting yum in a near infinite loop spewing
messages for hours till it finally said "Can't resolve dependency
problems". But it is much better these days. In fact it is so much
better, I have no idea why it isn't always on by default.