DVD update causes data loss

I happen to start my laptop with a DVD(containing Fedora 10 iso file) in the CD-ROM,
so it enters the installation or update environment, I didn't feel like to reset, so I moved on,
chose the update choice, hoping it will do nothing while going on, but after update completed, the reset failed
I started the machine, logined with old account 'houghes', but it said: home/houghes  doesn't exist!
so I lost all the data in my home directary!
help!  this is really frustrating

houghes