Re: Getting actual source for a kernel

Tom Horsley wrote:
On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 20:15:28 -0500
Bill Davidsen wrote:

Thanks, it seems I'm not going to be able to just get the source with rpm2cpio, apply the patches, and do the build where I have disk space. I'll do it the hard way and actually install the source by unpacking the RPM after I find a machine with space where the package wants to unpack. I don't normally leave space in /usr/src, since I run kernel.org kernels which I can build in a development space.

One of the steps documented in the wiki (I forget which one :-) has the
side effect of creating a ~/.rpmmacros file in your home directory.
If you change the %_topdir in there, you can make it do it's work anywhere.

Good thought, I'll try that then. I may have misunderstood --relocate, and wound up with a source which didn't build.

Thanks.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>