Re: infrastructure modest proposal

Tom Horsley wrote:
On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 23:33:49 -0800 Gordon Messmer wrote:

Isn't that sort of the intent of the "testing" repo?

I dunno :-). Maybe we don't need another layer, maybe we just need
the simple check for obvious dependency problems in "testing", but
I think maybe the the associated packages might be in "testing"
already, yet they weren't marked to go to "updates" at the same time.

Perhaps a more useful bit of QA prior to each push of packages to "updates" would be to prep a new client (use mock), enable the [testing] repo, add "includepkgs = <package list>", and then pass "<package list>" to "yum install". If there are dependency problems, yum will fail.

If you're concerned about it, you might want to propose such a thing in the dev list.