Re: cups failed last week, now amanda

>try adding to /etc/modprobe.conf...
>
>alias net-pf-10 off
>
>and rebooting and that should shut off ipv6 everywhere

Restarting network sure didn't help.  I'll reboot, but that SHOULD have done
it.

>Craig

What I did to turn off ipv6 was add "install ipv6 /bin/true"
to my /etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf.dist file and now have no
hint of ipv6 on my system. Basically followed the directions at
http://www.g-loaded.eu/2008/05/12/how-to-disable-ipv6-in-fedora-and-centos/

YMMV

Don

--