packagekit-Solution to dependency Error

sandir azmadriaga at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 21:16:37 UTC 2008

REMOVING THE DEPENDENCY ERROR IN PACKAGEKIT IN FEDORA 10

1. REMOVE THE PackageKit
========================
[root]# yum remove PackageKit

2. VERIFY THAT PackageKit is removed
[root]# rpm -qa | grep 'PackageKit'

3. INSTALL NEWER VERSION OF PackageKit AGAIN USING yum
[root]# yum install PackageKit

4. DOWNLOAD THE LATEST AND CORRECT VERSION OF gnome-packagekit
[root]# wget
http://ftp.linux.org.tr/fedora/updates/testing/10/x86_64/gnome-packagekit-0.3.11-1.fc10.x86_64.rpm

5. INSTALL THE CORRECT VERSION OF gnome-packagekit
[root]# rpm -Uvh gnome-packagekit-0.3.11-1.fc10.x86_64.rpm

Everything should be working fine.