Re: Solar burn-in!

Tom Horsley wrote:
OK, this is weird. Not only are LCDs not supposed to have a
burn-in problem, but fedora 10's "solar" background isn't
on my screen any longer than it takes me to login after
booting the system, yet somehow when I have a vast expanse
of moderately dark blue background on the screen, I can seen
faint burn-in that looks just like the loops and whorls of the
solar background.

What kind of fiendish color blue is that? :-).

LCDs are very much susceptible to burn-in. Who told you otherwise?

I have a 17" Samsung that's only 3 years old that can burn-in the Gnome menu bar quite nicely if I don't have a screensaver activate. It goes away after some time (hours) of changing the screen, but it still happens.