Re: f9: Have sound with Gnome, not with TWM.

Reg Clemens wrote:
> So, the children that set up this new sound system are doing something
> to get it running when GNOME starts, but didnt bother to do the same for
> (all) other window systems.... Mumph.

Well, there are 2 issues here:
1. PulseAudio in F9 is set up using a special hack using PulseAudio's ESD
compatibility in GNOME and the kde-settings-pulseaudio hack in KDE, it
won't work in any other desktop.
2. In F10, it finally uses the freedesktop.org-compliant /etc/xdg/autostart,
but TWM won't interpret that, in fact I doubt TWM supports *any* sort of
autostarting. It's time to migrate to a real desktop environment which
actually understands modern (and already several years old) freedesktop.org
standards. TWM is useful as an emergency fallback if you broke all your
desktop environments, but that's about it.

        Kevin Kofler