Re: Weather icons missing in GNOME clock applet [SOLVED-ish]

On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 14:45 -0500, fred smith wrote:
> OK, so I stumbled around in there for ten minutes before finding the
> SET button, even after reading the above (I never claimed brilliance,
> but it IS an obscure app). Even after finding the set button, and
> having previously entered my home location info, it still isn't
> showing weather info. :(

Has this changed since Fedora 9?

The usually hidden "set" button has nothing to do with the weather, but
is a way to change the computer's timezone.  e.g. If you have Sydney,
London and New York set up, you see the time and a weather icon for each
of them, and you can change your computer to using their time zones with
a click on the appearing set button (and a root authorisation).  By
default, the weather you see is just an icon, but hovering over the
weather icon pops up weather details.

[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r

read messages from the public lists.