Re: OT: your desktop on a stick

Frank Murphy wrote:
Anne Wilson wrote:
Much has been said about the ability for a linux distro to be carried around on a usb stick, making any computer into your familiar desktop. Does anyone actually do this?

I have F9 on a 4gb usb stick. (not-live installed to)
As long as the Box is usb-bootable there's no problem so far.
Have used it at school and home.

FRank

I tried several times to load F9 on a 4GB stick but it ran out of space and wouldn't load. Did you do anything other than just run the install?

--

Knute Johnson
linux www knutejohnson com