Re: infrastructure modest proposal

On Friday 12 December 2008 21:08:14 Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> But the
> unanswered question is, other than deliberately refusing to allow
> security updates to be rushed how do we reduce the risk of that
> mistake from happening again?

How often has this happened?  In the real scheme of things, what percentage of
packages have caused problems like this?  I'm not denying the problems that
some people have had, but is there, perhaps, some over-reaction?

To increase risk by denying security fixes for some time, I'd need to be
persuaded that there actually is a serious problem.  And I'm not entirely
convinced.

Anne