Re: newly installed services, like mysql, not on by default after reboot?

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 12:57 PM, Mikkel L. Ellertson
<mikkel infinity-ltd com> wrote:
> I could have sworn that not turning on a service when it was
> installed was the default. You are supposed to configure the new
> service, and then turn it on.

these sort of actions are done in the postinstall scriplets in the rpm
packages.  You can check the logic  using rpm -q --scripts packagename
   for any installed package.

It should be realitively easy to confirm or disproof that there was or
was not a logic change between F9 and F10. I just dont have an F9
install handy to compare with for mysql or any other service.

-jef