Re: lost usb F10

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 17:47:21 -0600
Bob Hartung wrote:

> Now I do have an old PS2 keyboard but cannot remember what I need to add
> to GRUB command to boot to level 3 so I can begin looking at dmesg to
> see if USB devices are even being seen.

Why would you need to boot to runlevel 3 to read dmesg.  dmesg works at
runlevel 5 too.

You can also view /var/log/messages for interesting events.

If you really need to boot into runlevel 3 add a 3 to the end of the grub
line.  Or change the 5 to a 3 in the line that says "id:5:initdefault:"
in /etc/inittab.