Re: Changing Kernel Parameters

Kevin Kempter wrote:
Hi All;

I can change kernel params at runtime like this:

# sysctl -w kernel.shmmax=3219120128

However upon a reboot the parameter returns to its original value.
How can I change the parameter permanently ?

Other than recompile the kernel you can't. But you can get it reset for you at boot time, which is usually enough. Unfortunately you can't change the clock (CLK_TCK) that way AFAIK.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>