Re: howto run badblocks using fedora rescue mode

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 18:24:33 -0500,
  Neal Becker <ndbecker2 gmail com> wrote:
> Problem is, using fedora install disk in rescue mode mounts the file system I want to check.  I tried remounting them ro, but it still would not allow
>
> e2fsck -c -c

You might be better off using smartctl to have the disk scan itself.
Modern disks remap bad blocks for you when possible. So it is possible
for you to have a failing drive and not have badblocks spot any.
You can usually have the disks do a self test while your system is running.