Re: compiled new kernel to see if machine won't freeze

> If you are running a kernel.org kernel (O assume that's
> what you mean) I don't believe ext4 is there, or
> it's there as ext4dev module, or similar. You might look
> and see of that's the case, and load ext4dev by hand if
> present.
>
> Haven't run a K.O kernel since I started using ext4 for
> anything, so I can't say for sure.
>
> -- Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>
>   "We have more to fear from the bungling of the
> incompetent than from
> the machinations of the wicked."  - from Slashdot
>
> -- fedora-list mailing list

I think I have found out my mistake, I did not compile ext4 support for the kernel, ran again menuconfig and selected that option. after running make all, make modules_install and make all, I will report back hopefully with a working kernel on Fedora 10 x86_64.

Regards

Antonio