Laptop Keyboard asdf, jkl;, enter disabled on boot up

I have a very weird problem.

Running FC9, Compaq Presario F500.  Only about a year old.

Recently (past few weeks), whenever I boot up, the following
keys are non responsive; asdfjkl; and the enter key.

If I wait a few minutes, like 3 or 4 minutes, they start
working.  If I restart a couple of times, they start
working too, however, I think this is the same 3-4
minute delay.

It would appear to be a hardware problem (bad keyboard),
however, once the keys start working, I never have another
problem, until the next reboot.

Could there be some software issue here?

I really like the laptop, works well, I really don't
want to take it apart unless I have to.

Jim