problem with grub? mounting local file system (failed)

had to reinstall my microsoft OS on a dual boot system

MS OS on scsi drive 0
Fedora 9 on scsi drive 1

I did the usual procedure to reinstall grub

rescue disk
chroot /mnt/sysimage
.  .  .  .

grub> find   /grub/grub.conf
(hd1,0)                                        looked suspicious

grub>root   (hd1,0)

grub>setup (hd1)

no errors but something was put on hd1 I'll bet

did this 2-3 times and no dual boot

then I did

grub>setup (hd0) and that worked

I have the dual boot working but in the startup messages

mounting local file systems FAILED (in red)

everything works OK though

Is there a way to repair the damage?

A second reboot showed the same error on boot