Re: How To Make Yum Fetch ALL The Updates

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 5:13 AM, Robert L Cochran
<cochranb speakeasy net> wrote:
> I just installed Fedora 10 x86_64 on a machine and did a 'yum update' on
> it. I know kernel-2.6.27.7-134 is out there but yum didn't find it, and
> still insists there is no such kernel. It makes me think yum is using a
> mirror which isn't quite up-to-date. How do I make it find all the
> outstanding updates, download and install them?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob Cochran

Here are several suggestions:

1. Edit /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo, disable the mirrorslist,
and enable the main fedora server.
2. Find a fast mirror that has the kernel you seek. Create a separate
repo file for it.
3. Use a combination of 1 and 2. (It does not hurt to have multiple
repositories enabled.)