E-mail Server

Hi

I have been tasked to commissioned an e-mail server in the first quarter of next year. I got this task because I am the only one at work that plays and have a small bit of understanding of how Linux work. So, I am on a research spree. I have already had a look at the following sites:

The Linux document project
How to forge
Flurdy.com

I do not ask for step by step instructions, although it will be nice, however I ask that you guys will point me to resources on the internet that may help me in this regard.

Thank you very much

Regards
Leon