Is it me or what? Musical chairs with fonts?

Seems that every time there is a new Xorg release
my desktop fonts are changing.  One time it is too large,
and now it is very small (try size 5 or 6). Sometimes the
window apps positions have shifted, or the mounted-disk
desktop icons have shifted forcing me to reset the settings
and re-save the desktop settings. Not a big deal, just a bit
annoying.

Dan