Weather icons missing in GNOME clock applet [SOLVED-ish]

Dan Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Sun Dec 14 18:25:38 UTC 2008

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 12:16:18 -0500
> fred smith wrote:
>

>>> Did you enable weather icons in preferences?
>>>

> Do you have enough space on your panel to show the weather?  It takes up
> another inch or so of space.

I have found, that removing the applet and re-adding the
applet to the panel, re-setting the locale, clicking on the
Weather tab: "F", changing it to something other, then
back to "F", seems to restore it.

Seems for some reason, Gnome-2 configuration files gets
messed up, which may mean that you may need to reset
the offending applet or application via the method mentioned
above.  Occassionally, I find that the "User Switcher", and the
"Clock" messes up as well and also needs to be reset.  Don't
forget to Session-Save as well after making the changes.

FWIW,
Dan