E-mail Server

homburg at tips-Q.com homburg at tips-Q.com
Sun Dec 14 20:47:58 UTC 2008

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 19:04:16 +0200
Leon Vergottini <leon.vergottini at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have been tasked to commissioned an e-mail server  in
> the first quarter of next year.  I got this task because
> I am the only one at work that plays and have a small bit
> of understanding of how Linux work.  So, I am on a
> research spree.  I have already had a look at the
> following sites:

a) CentOS, not Fedora

b) Postfix is probably the easiest MTA to configure.

c) The default imap/pop3 server (dovecot) is sufficient for
up to a few hundred users.

d) Test, test and test again before you go live. Pay
particular attention to preventing an open relay.
--
"Neither Lifestyle nor Agenda"
http://www.tips-Q.com