kpackage settings do not stick

I'm having a problem with the kpackagekit settings. I have set it to check for updates daily, not hourly, and not to ever automatically install updates. Yet, it seems like after every time I use kpackagekit to run updates or install new packages, those settings get reset to the defaults: checking every hour, and automatically apply security updates.

Anyone else seeing the same behavior or have any suggestions?

(yes, i do click the 'apply' button after making my desired setting changes ;) )

Endy