Re: mjpegtools?

Gene Heskett wrote:

>>> rpm cannot find dependencies if the needed libraries are not registered
>>> in rpm database, even if the libraries surely exist on your local disk.
>>> (so, libraries installed by yourself by "configure -> make -> make
>>> install"
>>> or so are not registered in rpm database and rpm simply ignores them)
>>>
>>> running ldconfig does not help.
>>>
>> I suppose my memory is probably defective....
>>
>> But I could swear I've installed various libraries using tarball
>> installs and they have been placed in /usr/local/lib and then recognized
>> perfectly fine by rpm.  Then again, it is Monday.
>>

> Where you are maybe. :)  Personally I think it started about 7pm local time
> yesterday.  I hate Mondays...  And I'm retired, so they shouldn't mean that
> much. :)

Taiwan.  Where it is now 14:22 on Monday.

Now that I have awoken and had more coffee I'm certainTsaka san is
right.  Best to also find an rpm for libquicktime and install that.
While doing a force may make it work you may end up making changes to
your system that you'll forget in the future.  For me that is any length
of time greater than a day.  :-)