Re: User Pic in gdm?

On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 02:19 -0600, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> You'll need to chmod to at least 755 for gdm to display your face.

Without testing, I think the *at least* permissions are probably tighter
than that.  I can't see why group permissions would need to be set, and
directory executable permissions ought to be enough, it should only need
to be able to go into the directory, not have to list it.

e.g. I'd try rwx-----x, first.

SELinux might also be involved, I haven't checked into whether GDM is
further restricted on what it can read.  Only experimention/research
would tell, and I don't want to log out at the moment.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.7-53.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.